Welcoming a friend





My friend finally arrived last week .

I've always convinced my family to let her move in. At first, my mother was always against the idea . She didn't need an additional member to take care of or clean after, especially with us being a big family. I promised my mother that my friend wouldn't be a burden. Her bed didn't  take up much space in my room. I cleared some space  for her next to the window. She prefers sleeping in that corner .She is capable of doing so many things by herself, So I don't think my mom will be disturbed by her presence . 

My friend is so talented that she can mimic a ringtone. I find her voice  very therapeutic when she sings. However, one thing I'm afraid of is her letting out all of my secrets since she is really talkative. I've warned her before not to repeat everything she hears to my family. I don't want her to embarrass me  with my other  friends when I'm on the phone with them . 

I'm looking forward to go shopping with her someday. Perhaps we can go on a walk and have some coffee and meet up with my friends.  She was in a  special  institute and doesn't have a name. So Lisa shall be her name .My parrot  Lisa is my  friend. The best thing that has happened was her moving into our house.


Comments