Let’s give ’em something to taco bout (Le-Mala restaurant review)


After recently reading many positive reviews online, I decided to check out Le-Mala, a Mexican food restaurant in Tel Aviv. While I’ve always liked  Mexican food, I haven’t had it in years and didn’t know much about relevant restaurants in Israel. Now that I ate there, I can’t stop thinking about what athe great experience I had.
As you make your way to the restaurant, you will notice it is located in a rather odd  location. You walk up the stairs of an old building, not feeling sure what to expect and then you walk into a room with a fancy design and you hear Mexican music playing in the background. The waiters were all very kind. Instead of the usual paper-menu, you scan a QR code sticker placed on the table and view the menu on Google Docs on your phone. 
As soon as I opened the file that contained the menu, I was blown away by how many options there were to choose from. There are a lot of starting dishes ers such as nachos, calamari and salads - but it was an easy choice for me – I chose multiple types of small tacos. The fish tacos were the best I ever had while the ribs ones were also fantastic. The main meals courses were hard to choose from but there are plenty of recommended options such as  buffalo wings, rice, shrimps and steaks. The restaurant offers both spicy and non-spicy options catering to different tastes. It would be remiss of me not to mention the drinks options. The menu offers a wide assortment of drinks including the Mexican staples such as Mojito cocktails and Corona beers.
Keep in mind that this restaurant is pretty pricey before you go there. I definitely don’t regret spending what I spent there, it’s just something that the customers should know before heading over there. 
Overall, this is a great , unique and original restaurant and I would advise anyone who loves Mexican food to try it  out. The service and atmosphere were wonderful and the food was top-notch. I will definitely be going back to Le-Mala in the future

Comments

  1. I discovered Le Mala a long time ago. In fact, I was there in the first week of its opening - they didn't even have menus then. Unfortunately it's become so popular now that it's very difficult to get a table (unless you book in advance). Not last Thursday though. We just showed up and... well, we didn't get seated immediately, but the owner himself, who was on the door, was chatting to us and giving us shots until they found a table. I must say the prices have gone up considerably since when they first opened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Of all I loved the title you name your blog, I think it's very clever! I also like Mexican food and I had no idea it was even available in Israel. Next time I'll go to Tel Aviv, I'll defiantly go there to try it out. Maybe we will be lucky one day and they'll another branch in Jerusalem- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment